Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Rambo Trilogy

It's hard to imagine that I am 27 years old and before this weekend, I had never seen a Rambo movie. I almost feel like I should go to some sort of support group now or something...

We were doing some grocery shopping when Happy came across all three films, just sitting in a row on the shelf and begging to be bought. I know that I've missed out on other films like the Rocky series, the Godfather trilogy and countless other "classics." So when he started talking about adding these classics to our collection of over 500 films - I figured why not.

Conveniently for Rambo, the weather wasn't so great this weekend so we had the chance to watch all three. I'm not sure I can pick a favorite yet but I will say that I found them quite entertaining. Stallone may not say much but he was totally ripped in these movies. And the explosions...well they just don't get much better. I will say that it's not really believable all the time (such as the gas station being set on fire and then the cars and buildings around town all start exploding such as in the first Rambo) but it's still entertaining.

Will I watch them again? Most likely. I don't know when but I don't really see why not. The plot is pretty good and they're certainly good enough to hold my attention. I'm not sure I'll be watching them all in a row because they are pretty long but you can't help but sympathize with John J. Rambo. I mean that sheriff in the first movie totally had it coming.

No comments: